Launched back in the middle of 2006 LinkedWords has essentially proven over the past years to be very effective vehicle in helping web sites get contextually linked on a content area level so that Internet users and smart robots discover their information in context. Since then the contextual platform has rapidly grown from 30,000 uniques per month back in its early days during 2006 to over 1 million unique visitors per month these past months of 2008.
The successful formula seems to be simple yet very effective: the higher the number of small to mid level sites’ content areas contextually linked in LW’s platform – the higher the number of contextually targeted unique visitors shared among those web sites linked in.
Both Google Analytics and Quantcast measured traffic are now reporting for over 1,000,000 unique visitors per month.
Some interesting facts in regard to the site’s traffic and usage to note are:
1) The 400,000 unique visitors’ mark per month was surpassed for first time in April 2007;
2) For the entire 2007 LW ended up with more than 4,500,000 unique visitors to its contextual platform;
3) For the period of 12 months between Apr 2007 and Apr 2008 LW ended up with more than 7,700,000 unique visitors to its contextual platform;
4) The highest number of monthly visitors so far was encountered during the month of April 2008 when the platform had more than 1,300,000 uniques;
5) 47,564 is the highest number of daily unique visitors ever happened so far, which occurred on April 07, 2008;
This year (2008) was however not all glorious for LinkedWords. During the month of April ’08 their platform has experienced an unprecedented growth in the traffic reaching over 1.3M unique visitors, which resulted in a failure on one of the servers in their cluster causing major downtime. The impacted period was from Friday, April 25 to Friday, May 16, 2008. Millions of unique visitors to LW were said to have been affected. It took them more than 4 months to completely recover both their platform and their reach.
Despite the major downtime that took place during the entire month of May ’08 and had later affected the traffic for a period of several months starting from May and ending on August ’08 considerably slowing it down the anticipated consolidated traffic for the entire 2008 is expected to be in the 10M range, which is double increase from 2007.
LinkedWords (LW) is an innovative contextual platform built upon millions of English words and phrases organized into contextual categories, paths, and semantic URLs whose mission is to maximize contextual linking among web sites across the Web.
Via EPR Network